Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Are You Looking For?

A: Happiness, but mostly freedom.

Q: But don't you find one already?

A: Yes, but it feels flat - kind of meaningless.

Q: What do you mean?

A: Well, I feel happy, but happy as in 'absence of sadness', not happy in a meaningful way.

Q: You are just melancholic, you should live a little. Go out and buy things. You will feel happy.

A: I could but it is predictable. You know, those stuff are boring. You go in cycle and you feel trapped.

Q: Then you are not looking for happiness?

A: I suppose, but you know I keep searching ....

Q: So, you want to find a meaning in your life?

A: Yes, I think that's it. I want my life to mean something. A life with a mission.

Q: You are asking too much. You live in an advanced country. All things that need to be done were done already. Why can't you just enjoy the party?

A: What party? I am struggling as it is, along with my millions of countrymen. I think what you said about 'all things that need to be done were done' kinda explain what happens with our election campaign. So far it's been quite civil, er ... quiet ...

Q: What you said was interesting though ... You wanted a life with a mission. Do you know already what?

A: Yes, vaguely, but mostly I think because I am just a shy person.

Q: You're kidding, right? If any, you probably talk too much. You need to think about it more, but don't think too long ... The train will not wait for you!

A: I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment