Monday, May 6, 2013

Londoner



I could be a Londoner, walking everywhere 
Along its treed sidewalks and vast parks.
Tube stations at important corners not far from
Simple red brown row houses with clean interiors.

This city is a proof that people can be enriched
Immensely by shared properties – parks, transport,
Museums, markets, coffee shops with yummy
Mustard salt beef sandwich and thick sticky
Blueberry muffin.

I could marry a Londoner, the pretty girl standing
Across from me in a subway car. Her British
Demeanor and wits, and warm hugs that will fill 
My days with joys and wonders.

I always search for a soul home, and I might just
Find one in this isle at the edge of Europe. Its quiet
Diligent people with ferocious independence.
This city is lovely and intelligent as its people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment