Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wrist Watch


Do I have to wear a wrist watch? I need to know time, but I can tell time from my cell phone. Or ask someone: it is a great way to start a conversation.

I haven't worn a wrist watch for 2 years now. Yellow band around my wrist disappeared. My wrist does not smell anymore since no more sweats accumulate. I tried leather and metallic straps, but none worked to get rid of the smell.

So many things I do are based on what people and custom tell me. Some, like wearing a wrist watch, for me at least, clearly have no firm rational or need basis. So I got rid of it. For good.

Do I have to use a BlackBerry or iPhone or other smartphone? I bought 2 BlackBerry at different times to keep connected when in Indonesia. Initially I liked it since my friends and I could chat easily using BlackBerry Messenger.

Over time though, my BlackBerry became a great nuisance since people broadcast questionable stuff: religious fatwas and opinions, all manners of jokes. The worst offenders were BlackBerry groups as they kept causing the alert lights to blink to only remind me to read wayward comments about anything.

So I bought a simple phone with only texting capability.

No comments:

Post a Comment