Saturday, May 7, 2011

Penultimate


We met again after a long while. He hugged me tight and wished me well. We have been good friends and could be best friends. We caught up on our life stories – well, mostly work stories. My decisions and his ventures. It worked and didn't work last time. It might work again in the future. Always keep the door open, but never overdo it since both parties have to come to the table.

A 10 K run after that. It was cloudy and drizzling a bit, but the sun showed up in the last 2 km. Never worry too much, I said to myself. The clouds are what make life interesting and the sun will show up eventually. Yesterday I was drenched though, but funny thing is I ran a lot better. Cool weather helps soothe aching muscles. I hope much warmer weather will still be good to me. I will find out soon.

The day is not over yet. I had to do a quick bike. Storing this and that. Last minute stuff. Always like that. Life; my life. It was coincidence I ended up here, I remind myself. Though what I did helped that happen. My life is full of that. Coincidence after coincidence. If I tried too hard, it always never worked.

If I tried too hard, it always never worked. I am reminded of that when I read around-the-world bike adventure books tonight. That's what I want to do, I said to myself. I know what I want. I just have to make sure I never try it too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment